2011-03-06

I feel like writing but then again I don't...

Here's the thing, for those of you who don't know me very well, I love to write, for those of you who do know me, I love to write.

         And the thing is I don't know what to write!!! So I need your help!

There's Synchronized, The Sleepover, Seventh Graders, or Jenna's World (Which I might change to Soleil's World - you can see I like the letter S.)

OK I know what you're thinking. I don't even know what they're about (Well you know Synchronized because I posted an excerpt like 2 posts ago...) so how about you read a few excerpts then respond in the poll on the side bar Which novel should I continue?

On to excerpt 1 : Seventh Graders

“Hey Emily!”
“Who's the new kid?”
“Ew that's gross!”
“LENA!”
“Look at Aly...”
“Look at Emily...”
“But Misa said...”
“Haley!”
“Look it's HALEY!”
Voices were exploding from all directions of Mr. Grant's classroom, and Haley's appearance beside me did not seem to calm the first day of school jitters. If anything it sent most kids off even more. You see Haley, though being my best friend is the most popular girl in the seventh grade. Never mind all the boys are falling for her. Haley doesn't believe she's popular she thinks she's just as popular as me, which is zilch.
“Hey Haley.” I breathless voice comes up behind us. Emily Spencer doesn't acknowledge me. Typical. Most of them don't. Misa, Lena, Lily, Soleil, and Emily make up in my mind the Haley Fan-club. Haley hates that that term but it's true they follow her around like she's there leader which she isn't. As far as I know Haley hates all of them just as much as I do which is a whole lot. I'm probably her only actual best friend.
“Oh hi Emily!” Haley looks up from her phone with a bright smile. One that always adorns her face.
“Hi Haley!”
“Haley hi!”
“Hey Haley!”
Great we were surrounded, or more Haley was. Soleil gave me an extra push while she waded towards her master. Fabulous just what Haley and I needed to start off the new school year a mob of her fan-club trailing around after her.
“Oh my god it's sooo great to see you guys!” Hayley says winking at me and I try to smile back encouragingly watching her play them one by one.

Yes I know it's short but let me remind you, it's and excerpt.

Excerpt 2:  The Sleepover (yes another short one. Well actually they're all short...)


Honestly we didn't mean anything bad to happen to her, we really didn't. And come on it's not our fault really that she's so slow, and yeah I'll admit it a little teensy bit fat, but I would never say that to her face or anything though, cause that would be mean right. Anyways it started when we were walking to the blockbuster, 3 blocks away from Renee's place. We were getting a movie to watch later at her house. I knew it would take forever to find a movie to see because Elena and Harmony have seen practically every movie there is, Kassidy who (I know weird spelling) will only see romance, and July hates, animated, fantasy, and sci fi.
Yeah it was gonna be almost impossible. And to make matter's worse then she disappeared.

Who is she? Let me explain. Penelope has short curly brown hair that only goes up to her ears, she's a bit overweight, loves converse, hates me and the rest of us, oh yeah and she's my cousin. And trust me I knew the moment my mom found out about this it would lead to be my fault, which even you've got to admit isn't really fair. Right? Right?

Excerpt 3: Jenna's World (This is part of the prolouge for your information)

The baby that lay in Dr. Grain's pale white hands was precious, he had known it the moment the little girl had touched his skin.
“Why does she not scream like most?” The anxious mother asked looking at the doctor and her daughter, her green eyes shining.
“She is dreaming...” The doctor murmured back, in craken – a language that was spoken on planet Arfbladder, the only planet that could hold crakani (beings of the universe.)
“Of course she is!” The new mom frowned.
“A different kind of dreaming...” Dr. Grain replied his face a mix of delight and worry.
“But what - ” The mother asked confused but halted when the firm doctor put up his hand.
“She is a very precious, very rare girl.” He began. “She at this moment is in such an intense dream that she has created her own world.”
“How?” The mother breathed shocked at such news.
“You must be related directly to the first crakani and...”
“But surely many have been born with this skill, there are many born related directly to the crakani?” The mother interrupted.
“Most babies have died getting to this stage, your daughter must be a strong girl to make it to where she is now.”
“This is not my daughter, this is a baby lying in your arms to never wake up!” The mother cried angrily, her pale white face turning a deep shade of red.
“I want my daughter!”
Still very calm Dr. Grain sighed and addressed the mother.
“Elena you have two choices. The first choice is to bring your daughter back from her world, but the magic and force it would take might kill such a tiny girl.”
Taking a breath Dr. Grain continued.
“Your other choice would be for me to make your daughter's world permanent and she will come back in her 15th year of life on her world.”
Dr. Grain took another big breath before continuing.
“Both decisions will take a lot of magic but one must be made, and I need an answer before your daughter disappears into somewhere that you will never be able to see her again.

 
SOOOO... WHICH ONE DO YOU LIKE BEST? For those of you who didn't see the synchronized post scroll 2 posts down OK?

 Anyways please vote and I'll post more sneak peeks of the one you pick!

Later,

Jocelyn AKA Crazy Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment